Cultivating change through creativity
Collaborate Community Projects is a non profit company, established in 2017, with the main objective of cultivating meaningful social upliftment/empowerment in communities through participative, creativity based projects.
Creativity – the act of creating – can unlock empowerment by giving people a sense of ownership. We work with other organisations to give communities the opportunity to express themselves, to create, and to feel empowered through creativity.
Participation is the key to all our projects. We don’t simply work for people, we work with people in a way that allows each and every project to be owned by the community in which it takes place.
We believe that by working together, we can achieve more. That’s why Collaborate Community Projects works with other non profits, communities and corporates to form lasting relationships that benefit all stakeholders.
The overwhelming need to provide basic necessities, such as food and shelter, often overshadows activities that allow people and communities to feel empowered. Creativity – the act of creating – can unlock empowerment by giving people a sense of ownership.
Collaborate Community Projects aims to provide meaningful social upliftment/empowerment in communities through participative, creativity based projects.
- creativity is defined as the act of bringing into existence something which did not exist before, and
- empowerment is defined as an individual’s belief in his/her ability to form an integral part of their own learning and development in attaining a new skill or competency.
We conceptualize and manage a variety of projects that use creativity as a starting point for making change.
Each creative project is specifically tailored to meet a community or charitable organisation’s needs. We do this through
- Identifying shared values between charitable organisations, communities and corporate sponsors;
- Researching and developing creative projects that can add value to an identified community. This is a participative process in which the community is an essential component;
- Setting measureable objectives for each creative project;
- Monitoring and evaluating the projects.